Supply Instructor (5 areas)The Thunder Bay Literacy Group is a community-based, not-for-profit, charitable organization created to assist adults in Thunder Bay to improve their basic reading, writing, math, and computer skills. We are currently recruiting supply instructors to teach in our Adult Learning Centre in the following areas:1) Literacy Instructor
• teach reading, writing, spelling, grammar, comprehension, and document use skills
2) Numeracy Instructor
• teach whole number operations, fractions, decimals, percent, algebra, geometry, wordproblems, money skills, data analysis, etc.
3) Literacy/Numeracy Instructor
• must be proficient teaching both - see above
4) Literacy Life Skills Instructor
• teach literacy & numeracy with a focus on using these skills in daily life
• class includes adults with exceptionalities
5) Computer Instructor
• teach intro to Windows, Word, email, internet
• proficient using Windows 7• direct classroom volunteers
Qualifications for all positions:
• experience relevant to the position
• experience teaching one-on-one, and in small groups
• experience with and sensitivity to literacy issues and individual learning styles
• well organized, innovative, patient, resourceful person committed to Lifelong Learning
• ability to adapt to on-going change
• ability to work with a diverse group of people, including adults with exceptionalities
• excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• ability to work independently and as part of a team
• ability to use computers as a teaching tool
Conditions of Employment:
• early morning, on-call availability is required
• work on an hourly basis as needed, between the hours of 8:45 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
• class sizes 7-14 adults (varies by class)
• rate of pay $22.62/hr.
Send resume and short cover letter outlining your experience, qualifications, availability and preferred area(s) of instruction to:Hiring Committee
Thunder Bay Literacy Group
PO Box 10508
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 6T9No phone calls please! Only those being considered will be contacted. Preference will be given to those who can supply in all five areas.