Do you have a client who wants to improve his or her skills?
The Thunder Bay Literacy Group can help....
- Our program accepts individuals 19 years of age or older. We help with improving skills in math, reading, writing, computers and test-taking.
- We are not a credit program but can help with referrals to other learning organizations. We are learner-centered and learner-directed and have a continuous intake process - individuals may start at any time. Our services are free and confidential.
- Have your client call and book an intake interview at 475-7211. You may come with the individual. We will discuss goals and provide information on different learning options. Allow for
- The client will return for a skills assessment with an instructor. This is not a test, but a demonstration of what skills he or she may already have - this gives us a place to start. Allow for 1 hour. From the assessment we will create an individualized training plan for the learner.
- He/she may then join a full time or part-time class, or work with a one-to-one volunteer tutor at one of our local libraries.
- Our class times are flexible and the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly!